Shipping Method By Price
Primary Parcel provides you the flexibility to define a minimum and maximum shipping cost. You can charge a percentage of the product price as the shipping cost if it falls under the defined maximum and minimum limit.
For example, a customer selects an item worth $69.5 (for a single Fulfillment Service). As per the rates set above, the Shipment cost displayed will be: 10% of $69.5 = $6.95.
Another example, the cost of item in an order is $30, so the shipment rate as per the percent of total price will be $3, but as the minimum shipping charge is set at $5, the customer will see the Shipping Rate as $5. Same will be applicable for any orders above $1000 for the above configuration, i.e. any order above $1000, the shipment cost will not exceed $100.
Other fields when adding Price based Rate:
- Display Title – Name of the Rate.
- Message displayed below with display title in smaller font – any additional message for the customer when this rate is being displayed, e.g. Order before 14:00 EST and order will be dispatched the same day.
- Optional Additional Charge for this method – add if there are any additional charges over and above the shipment cost, e.g. packaging, handling etc.
- Optional Discount in percent for this method – any discount to be offered on this rate, the discount will be added as a percentage, and will be calculated on the total cost after Shipment is added. This charge is deducted once for all items belonging to this method in cart.
- Set to Free Shipping when amount is over – enter the minimum order total amount above which you want to allow Free Shipping. This will be applicable only when the cart/order contains items of a certain Fulfillment Service.
- Max Transit Time for this method – The number of business days for the delivery of selected product.
- Status – Whether this rate is to be enabled/disabled for calculation.