When your customer chooses multiple products which belong to different Fulfillment Services, Primary Parcel calculates these combined costs as per the products` defined methods and displays a blended shipping rate to the customer at checkout. The app will add together the preferred methods from each Fulfillment Services in a cart and displays a blended rate.
Here are the steps to assign a preferred method for each Fulfillment Services, in each zone:
- Click the ‘View Methods’ button against any of the Zone under the selected Fulfillment Service.
- A section for Blended Rates will display at the bottom of the page.
- Click on ‘Add New Blended Rate’
- Add the name for the Blended Rate
- Is title override with Specific Rate Title – Select Yes/No, to change the title for the rate. This method title will override with Specific Rate title in checkout page. This can be enabled under only 1 Fulfillment Service. If enabled for both; the one in force will be displayed above the field.
- After saving, the added method will display under the Blended Rates section.
Note: Blended Rate added for a Zone, will display under All Fulfillment Services.
After this blended rate is added, select the Specific Rate that will be applicable for this Blended Rate. For each Zone, under a Fulfillment Service, a drop down with the specific rates will be given, from which you can select the blended rate to apply (i.e. the specific rates). Multiple Blended Rates can be added under any Zone. Under each Fulfillment Service, the rate to apply will be selected for the blended rate to display on the website/app when an order contains items from multiple Fulfillment Services.
If the blended rate for a Zone is not selected under all (should be More than 1) the related Fulfillment Services, the Blended Rate will not show up on the store.
E.g. A cart contains items for Zone 1 under Fulfillment Service A and Fulfillment Service B; a method under the blended rate has been selected for Zone 1, under Service A, but not under Service B. So, the Customer will not be shown option for a blended shipment rate during checkout. If a method is selected under both the Fulfillment Services, the blended rate would be a total of both the rates applicable.
Blended Rate is calculated for individual Fulfillment Items. Taking an Example:
Small and Light Items
First Item: $1.00 | Per additional item: $2.00
Optional Additional Charge: $0.50
Big and Odd Items
Percent of Total Price: 10%
Min Price: $5.00 | Max Price: $50.00
An order contains 3 items of Small and Light Fulfillment Service costing $25 total and 4 items of Big
and Odd Items costing $65 total.
The Shipment Cost in this case will be:
Small and Light: 1 + 2 + 2 + 0.5 = $5.5
Big and Odd: 65 * 10% = $6.5
So the blended shipment rate for the order will be 5.5 + 6.5 = $12